Coronavirus in Switzerland
Official sources for the Corona virus disease (COVID-19) outbreak caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus in Europe as well as in Switzerland.
We understand the concern of guests wanting to travel to Switzerland and more specific our Heidiland St Gallen region and we therefore launched this frequently updated page to keep both guest who already stay in Resort Walensee and guest that have plans to travel to Switzerland updated. Link
Summary for travellers and your holiday
- Current situation in Walensee apartments
- Swiss Federal Office of Public Health FOPH
- Measures and ordinances
- SwissCovid app
- Current situation in Europe
- Current situation in Switzerland
- Current situation in Kanton St Gallen
- Before you travel to Switzerland
- Entering Switzerland
- Travelling to Switzerland / Travel restrictions
- Travelling by plane
- Travelling by car
- Arrival information - "Protect yourself and others"
Walensee apartments, acknowledging the importance of this situation, is following the advices of the Federal Office of Public Health FOPH to protect both it's employees and it's guests.
According to a Covid-19 Regional safety assessment between 200 regions, Switzerland is the safest country to travel. See full report here.
The smartphone app (Android/iPhone) will help to contain the new coronavirus. The first version is now available for widespread performance and security testing. SwissCovid app to help break chains of infection, link
The Federal Council agreed a further series of national measures. In cases where the cantonal measures are stricter than the national measures, those at the cantonal level must be observed. Link
Explanatory video on wearing a face mask, video
The top priority for the Swiss Federal Council is the health of the public
The SwissCovid app for mobile phones (Android/iPhone) will help to contain the new coronavirus. It complements the conventional contact tracing carried out by the cantons – and thus helps to break the chains of transmission. The SwissCovid app is available in the Apple Store and Google Play Store. Download here
World Health Organisation Corona virus disease (COVID-19) situation in the WHO European Region
The latest official WHO data for Switzerland. Link to WHO
Current situation in Switzerland. Link to Switzerland
Information on entering Switzerland, travelling within Switzerland, and on travelling abroad can be found under Recommendations for travellers. Link
- Avoid any unnecessary trips abroad.
- Extended mask-wearing requirement.
- People arriving in Switzerland from certain countries and areas are required to go into quarantine. List of countries here
The Federal Council is closely monitoring the epidemiological situation in Switzerland and in other countries, and is deciding what measures can be eased on that basis. This includes provisions on entering Switzerland, which have gradually been adapted since mid-May. Consult the website of the State Secretariat for Migration SEM before your journey where you will find FAQs on entry restrictions and exceptions, freedom of movement and visas, link
Foreign Representations in Switzerland. Link to Representations
Travelling with pet, pet passport. Link
The currently visa suspension (Visa C and Visa D) will remain in force. At the moment it is not possible to apply for a visa, regardless of the date of your planned journey, other than in cases where restrictions have recently been relaxed. Link
- People arriving in Switzerland from certain countries and areas are required to go into quarantine. A negative test result does not exempt you from the mandatory quarantine requirement. Link
- If you experience symptoms of illness after entering Switzerland, please consult the page on Isolation and quarantine and follow the instructions provided. Link
- If you are travelling to Switzerland, you must observe the applicable rules on hygiene and social distancing. You will find an overview of the main rules in this flyer (Link). At public establishments such as restaurants, shops and museums, you must follow the rules set out in the applicable set of precautionary measures. This information will be provided on the premises. Link
- Medical advice for travellers in Switzerland. Link to safetravel.ch
If you are planning to reach Switzerland by car, then you should pay attention to the measurements that each country has implied against the Covid-19 spread.
- Information for Germany, link
- Information for Austria, link
- Information for Italy, link
- Information for France, link
More information about travelling to Switzerland by car you can find here.